Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Bruce Duncan <br...@yahoo.com> on 2003/11/19 00:34:45 UTC

introduction

Hello, my name is Bruce Duncan and I'd like to get
involved with helping out on FOP.  I am currently
using the 0.20.5 release to do some pretty simple
fo->pdf conversions.  The tags I use the most are
fo:table, fo:external-graphic,
fo:instream-foreign-object, and fo:block (in table
cells and header/footer).  The biggest issue to me,
and the one I'd like to help with is table auto
layout.

In 0.20.5 I use table-column's with no specified
column-width, which gets me the columns evenly sized.
In the latest CVS version my columns run off the page,
being given an unknown fixed size.  What I'd like, of
course, is column size based on cell content size for
that column.

So I guess my question is how can I get involved?  Is
there an area on the Wiki where individual tasks are
posted?  Someone who is in charge of this area of
development?

I hope this was the correct list to post to regarding
this.

Thanks,
Bruce Duncan

http://antispam.yahoo.com/whatsnewfree