Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com> on 2005/10/02 14:15:34 UTC

1.0-M5 candidate build

The 1.0-M5  branch passed all the tck tests, so David Blevins and I
have tagged geronimo and openejb and built a candidate 1.0-M5 zip.  We
are running the tck on this.

The zip is available for testing at

http://people.apache.org/~dblevins/geronimo-1.0-M5.zip

We'd like to call for a vote on a release based on this tag conditional
on the tck passing (again).  I think the process would be that after
the vote we would work on publishing the jars, this zip distribution,
and a source distribution.

Many thanks,
david jencks

Re: 1.0-M5 candidate build

Posted by "Alan D. Cabrera" <li...@toolazydogs.com>.
David Jencks wrote, On 10/2/2005 5:15 AM:

> We'd like to call for a vote on a release based on this tag
> conditional on the tck passing (again).  I think the process would be
> that after the vote we would work on publishing the jars, this zip
> distribution, and a source distribution.

+1

Thanks for all the great work.  I have seen you guys working in the wee
hours of the night to get this out.

Regards,
Alan

Re: 1.0-M5 candidate build

Posted by Matt Hogstrom <ma...@hogstrom.org>.
+1

Excellent...maybe were about 6 - 8 weeks from 1.0 ? :)

Matt

[RESULT] Re: [VOTE] -- M5 release -- (Was Re: 1.0-M5 candidate build)

Posted by "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@apache.org>.
I sent this last night and it never made it.

Resending as is.

Begin forwarded message:

geirm@apache.org

[RESULT] Re: [VOTE] -- M5 release -- (Was Re: 1.0-M5 candidate build)

Posted by "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@apache.org>.
I'm having some kind of mail problem.  These went out last night (and
again this morning) - sending again through a different MTA.

geirm@apache.org

[RESULT] Re: [VOTE] -- M5 release -- (Was Re: 1.0-M5 candidate build)

Posted by "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@apache.org>.

geirm@apache.org

Re: [VOTE] -- M5 release -- (Was Re: 1.0-M5 candidate build)

Posted by "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@apache.org>.
Excellent!

The post I just hit "send" for is moot...

geir

geirm@apache.org

Re: [VOTE] -- M5 release -- (Was Re: 1.0-M5 candidate build)

Posted by Aaron Mulder <am...@alumni.princeton.edu>.
On 10/3/05, Geir Magnusson Jr. <ge...@apache.org> wrote:

> On Oct 3, 2005, at 2:04 PM, Aaron Mulder wrote:
>
> > If the installer will be ready tomorrow, can we just declare our
> > release party to be tomorrow and provide them all at once? I would
> > prefer that the installer not be a second-class citizen.
>
> Agreed. I'm with you...
>

> > That said, if the installer would be ready tomorrow, I won't
> > complain if everyone else wants to release today.
>
> I assume you mean "won't"?

Perhaps I should have said "as long as we're committed to release the
installer tomorrow, I definitely won't -1 a release today, it's close
enough." But my preference is still to do it all together tomorrow. :)

Aaron

Posted by "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@apache.org>.

geirm@apache.org

Re: [VOTE] -- M5 release -- (Was Re: 1.0-M5 candidate build)

Posted by Aaron Mulder <am...@alumni.princeton.edu>.

Posted by David Blevins <da...@visi.com>.
On Oct 2, 2005, at 11:40 PM, David Jencks wrote:

> First, the good news:
>
> All the tck tests pass for the 1.0-M5 candidate build for both
> jetty and tomcat!
>
> Unfortunately, there seems to be a problem with the geronimo-
> installer.jar.  It works fine for jetty but the tomcat included
> does not seem to include GERONIMO-1036: the tomcat configurations
> are not relocatable.
>
> I've done some experiments and it appears that the zip distro does
> include this fix, and "reverse engineering" the zip distro into an
> installer also includes this fix (but has other problems).  So, I
> think david used the wrong copy of geronimo to build the installer
> and we will have to try again tomorrow.

I just realized I accidentally built the installer from the branch/
1.0-M5 dir (which wasn't current) and not the tags/1.0-M5....

Anyway the release itself was definitely done from the tag.

-David

Posted by David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com>.
I may not yet have voted although I think my sentiments are clear
already:

+1 to releasing the zip now
+1 to releasing the installer jar now.

david jencks

Posted by Geir Magnusson Jr <ge...@4quarters.com>.
+1 if it gets us over the installer hump, and Aaron will vote +1 to
this thread...

geir@optonline.net

Re: [VOTE] -- M5 release -- (Was Re: 1.0-M5 candidate build)

Posted by "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@apache.org>.
How do we want to proceed?

geirm@apache.org

Re: [VOTE] -- M5 release -- (Was Re: 1.0-M5 candidate build)

Posted by David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com>.
First, the good news:

Posted by David Blevins <da...@visi.com>.
Ta-da!

Posted by David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@apache.org>.
On Oct 3, 2005, at 12:11 AM, Aaron Mulder wrote:

> On 10/2/05, Geir Magnusson Jr. <ge...@apache.org> wrote:
>
>> Aaron - how do you feel about actually releasing this... care to
>> vote?
>>

> I would like to vote -1 until there's an installer package available,
> but it seemed like it would be rude.  So now I'm hoping that the vote
> drags on long enough for David and I to work out the path to the
> installer.  :)

I'd like to see the installer too, but isn't the packaging a
different issue?  Can't the installer-based distro follow the plain-
jane .tgz and .zip if it had to?

geir

geirm@apache.org

Re: [VOTE] -- M5 release -- (Was Re: 1.0-M5 candidate build)

Posted by Aaron Mulder <am...@alumni.princeton.edu>.

Posted by "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@apache.org>.
Aaron - how do you feel about actually releasing this... care to vote?

:)

geir

geirm@apache.org

Re: [VOTE] -- M5 release -- (Was Re: 1.0-M5 candidate build)

Posted by Aaron Mulder <am...@alumni.princeton.edu>.

Posted by David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by Aaron Mulder <am...@alumni.princeton.edu>.

Posted by David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by Aaron Mulder <am...@alumni.princeton.edu>.

Posted by Neal Sanche <ne...@nsdev.org>.
Neal Sanche wrote:

> I don't know if I even carry voting rights here. But I'll try anyway.
>
> -1
>
> JavaMail functionality is currently broken in the binary release that
> David made available. Of course if this isn't a 'must fix' for M5,
> then feel free to disregard my vote.

Okay, I feel fickle today, I'm going to say that Jeff and David helped
me to install Sun JavaMail in my Geronimo M5 binary release and since
that works very well with the current geronimo-mail module, I'll go
ahead and release my vote reservation.

+2 (if you count my previous -1 vote as well)

-Neal

Re: [VOTE] -- M5 release -- (Was Re: 1.0-M5 candidate build)

Re: [VOTE] -- M5 release -- (Was Re: 1.0-M5 candidate build)

Posted by Sachin Patel <sp...@gmail.com>.
+ 1

Sachin

Posted by Jeff Genender <jg...@savoirtech.com>.
+1 from me.

Jeff

Posted by Kevan Miller <ke...@gmail.com>.
Commons Logging w/ context priority works... :-)

Running the M5 build and starting the console, I see the following log
entries sent to STDOUT:

Starting the console:

11:05:09,066 WARN [Servlet] org.apache.pluto.portalImpl.Servlet#init():
Couldn't read property "pluto.allowSetBufferSize" from config file
ConfigService.properties

Checking the server logs:

11:05:18,700 WARN [KernelManagementHelper] Checking access log for
geronimo.server:J2EEApplication=null,J2EEModule=org/apache/geronimo/Jetty,J2EEServer=geronimo,j2eeType=GBean,name=JettyWebManager
/geronimo.server:J2EEApplication=null,J2EEModule=org/apache/geronimo/Jetty,J2EEServer=geronimo,j2eeType=GBean,name=JettyWebContainer
11:05:18,720 WARN [JettyLogManagerImpl] CRITERIA: D:\geronimo-
1.0-M5\var\log\jetty_2005_10_02.log null null null null 1128265200000
1128351600000 null 1000

Could someone verify they see the same?

--kevan

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com>.
+1 from me.

--
Davanum Srinivas : http://wso2.com/ - Oxygenating The Web Service Platform

Re: [VOTE] -- M5 release -- (Was Re: 1.0-M5 candidate build)

Posted by Dain Sundstrom <da...@iq80.com>.
+1

-dain

Posted by "Alan D. Cabrera" <li...@toolazydogs.com>.