Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Martin Marinschek <ma...@gmail.com> on 2005/06/01 00:18:19 UTC

Re: Attention Wiki Lovers

I believe that if users are more comfortable with using the wiki, they
should definitely do the documentation there - and as soon as we think
the time is ripe, we can take documentation over to the main page.

If you request of users to check out the source-head, install svn for
that, get forrest, get to know how forrest works and finally how to
create a patch, we will never get help with documentation, I would say
;)

So, as for me, please keep on documenting!

regards,

Martin

Re: Attention Wiki Lovers

Posted by Werner Punz <we...@gmx.at>.
Hi Sean, actually I think a Wiki makes an excellent documentation
sandbox, one reason why I dumped (probably you sent
the request for the documentation because I left an entry a few minutes
earlier regarding the aliasbean) an entry in the wiki was
because I saw it rather empty and wanted to keep track
of the documentation I could gather in this list on this control the
last few weeks. The wiki was an excellent place to dump it sort of as a
sandbox.

Best way to do it... leave a neat documentation on the website on how to
start documenting, how to build the whole thing and how to use the tools.
(Actually Forrest was totally new to me)
And then encourage to people to use the wiki and also move in the long
term to the documentation system once they feel that their entries are
stable and they have a good grasp on the tools.

Re: Attention Wiki Lovers

Posted by Sean Schofield <se...@gmail.com>.
That's fine.  Like Martin said its an easier way to get started
documenting things.  I was just making the point that the website
documentation is where we really need to end up.  If you want to use
wiki as an iterim step or you are not ultimately comfortable with
forrest, etc. that's fine.

Nobody is anti wiki here ;-)

Re: Attention Wiki Lovers

Posted by Brandon Goodin <br...@gmail.com>.