Posted to user@sqoop.apache.org by Mauricio Aristizabal <ma...@impactradius.com> on 2014/02/12 01:24:40 UTC

Does sqoop-merge support for parquet file format?

Can an Impala table be updated using sqoop with --incremental=lastmodified
and then sqoop-merge ?

Docs mention support for Sequence, Avro and text files, but not Parquet,
which is what we need to support fast analytic queries.

http://sqoop.apache.org/docs/1.4.0-incubating/SqoopUserGuide.html#id1770457

thanks!

Re: Does sqoop-merge support for parquet file format?

Posted by Jarek Jarcec Cecho <ja...@apache.org>.
Hi Mauricio,
Sqoop currently do not supports natively the Parquet format. You can try leveraging HCatalog integration to see if you will be able to import into Parquet.

Jarcec