Posted to users@camel.apache.org by yzhang <yz...@vonage.com> on 2015/10/02 16:32:09 UTC

The ExchangesInflight number is large number

Hi,

I'm quite new to the camel and trying to support an application in the
company. Unfortunately, there are some issues with the application

I notice the org.apache.camel -> processors -> "something-here" ->
"threads1" -> Attributes tab -> ExchangesInflight: 895

This lasts for quite a while (like a few hours).

In the meantime, I notice the org.apache.camel -> processors ->
"something-here" -> "threads1(threads)" -> Attributes tab -> ActiveCount: 11
and TaskQueueSize: 884

It looks the numbers can add up: 11 + 884 = 895.

Is there anyway to troubleshoot why this takes quite a few hours to process
just a few object on the "threads1", while the counter part "threads2" just
doing fine. The same application is also deployed on some other hosts, and
they all appear to process well - each item just always less than 1 second
to process. I can see the "threads1" in the org.apache.camel -> processors
takes up to 461,707,607 milliseconds to process and 306,632 milliseconds on
average.

How can I narrow down the issue to find the bottleneck?

Thank you in advance!

yz