Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by "Duchin, Scott" <sd...@informatica.com> on 2003/05/14 20:01:00 UTC

Deserialize problem

I have tried a few more web services with the dynamic invoker and any
non-simple type response is getting "cannot find deserializer".  This is
happening to me on over 6 web sites.  Even if this does happen, which I
think is faultly logic on AXIS as the rest of the world can deal with these
WSDLs, why can't:
1) a default deserializer be used without an exception
2) an exception thrown but the response is provided (via a call) to get the
response converted to string
3) a default for ArrayOfString be used as these are all probably the same
4) something else?

It seems really bad practice to barf an exception and that's it.  I cannot
go and get 6 web sites to modify there WSDLs to accomodate AXIS.
Thanks, Scott