Posted to users@maven.apache.org by adrien ruffie <ad...@hotmail.fr> on 2012/11/04 08:40:01 UTC

extract jar dependency from war

Hello all, in my company a project is build into a war, but several java package are build into jars,themselves finally stored into previous war.
The war is a versionned artifact, but no its jars that contains, knowing I can not separatebuilded jars into independant module, do you know a method that would allow me to extract these jars (during war building/package/install) from this war, and install it to my repo withgroupId, artifactId, version ...
I insist on the point, I can not split jar/war in different modules (isn't my decision)PS: I
Great thank and best regards
Adrien Ruffié
Ingénieur Production et R&D Technologique
SCJP 5, SCDJWS 5
31300 Toulouse France
0672128792

Re: extract jar dependency from war

Posted by Benson Margulies <bi...@gmail.com>.
You could use:

- the maven-dependency-plugin to unpack the war into target/ someplace.
- the build-helper-maven-plugin to attach some jars as artifacts.

However,

the jars would have to have coordinates of the form G/A/V/C, where G/A/V
come from the pom in which you do all this, and all you pick is the 'c'.
See http://mojo.codehaus.org/build-helper-maven-plugin/usage.html.