Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Vincent S Hou <sh...@us.ibm.com> on 2018/09/10 15:14:49 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache OpenWhisk (Incubating): OpenWhisk catalog and apigateway 0.9.0 [RC1]

Dear IPMC members,

This is a call for vote to release Apache OpenWhisk (Incubating): OpenWhisk catalog and apigateway 0.9.0 [RC1].

The  Apache OpenWhisk community has voted on and approved a proposal to release Apache OpenWhisk (Incubating): catalog and apigateway, Version 0.9.0.

We now kindly request the Incubator PMC members to review and vote on this incubator release.

Apache OpenWhisk Catalog maintains the package catalogs of openwhisk. In OpenWhisk, the catalog of packages gives you an easy way to enhance your app with useful capabilities, and to access external services in the ecosystem.
Apache OpenWhisk Apigateway is a performant API Gateway based on Openresty and NGINX.

OpenWhisk Catalog and apigateway vote thread:
https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/87b2d4006c3502a6cc402ea54f940ddb5ae9dcae958779d60a75d875@%3Cdev.openwhisk.apache.org%3E

OpenWhisk Catalog and apigateway vote result thread:
https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/8df308901539b825466505e7e51df32ba511fa2a39de8335a694bd05@%3Cdev.openwhisk.apache.org%3E

This release comprises of source code distribution only.

For OpenWhisk Catalog:
The source code artifact of OpenWhisk Catalog can be found at:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/openwhisk/apache-openwhisk-0.9.0-incubating-rc1/openwhisk-catalog-0.9.0-incubating-sources.tar.gz

The SHA-512 checksum for the artifact of openwhisk catalog is:
openwhisk-catalog-0.9.0-incubating-sources.tar.gz:
3BA28A6A 88B7700D 92929843 E742D6ED 65F3D48A DD537965 C0BA9822 E2414DCD 010EFE8B
 4774D652 1CA6E3F7 6DFF6BEE 76FA982D 5070290B 20CBA110 7750F7ED
which can be found via:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/openwhisk/apache-openwhisk-0.9.0-incubating-rc1/openwhisk-catalog-0.9.0-incubating-sources.tar.gz.sha512

The signature of the artifact of openwhisk catalog can be found via:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/openwhisk/apache-openwhisk-0.9.0-incubating-rc1/openwhisk-catalog-0.9.0-incubating-sources.tar.gz.asc

For OpenWhisk Apigateway:
The source code artifact of OpenWhisk Apigateway can be found at:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/openwhisk/apache-openwhisk-0.9.0-incubating-rc1/openwhisk-apigateway-0.9.0-incubating-sources.tar.gz

The SHA-512 checksum for the artifact of openwhisk apigateway is:
openwhisk-apigateway-0.9.0-incubating-sources.tar.gz:
F62A50B7 970540B8 CA3C1796 13A75743 537B4374 3F0B9EA5 F4A35396 98A57D8E EAA0EFA5
 AB8AF26D 46E2E6A4 7794AE50 03887F11 6D7D9825 2EA08733 77B369DA
which can be found via:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/openwhisk/apache-openwhisk-0.9.0-incubating-rc1/openwhisk-apigateway-0.9.0-incubating-sources.tar.gz.sha512

The signature of the artifact of openwhisk apigateway can be found via:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/openwhisk/apache-openwhisk-0.9.0-incubating-rc1/openwhisk-apigateway-0.9.0-incubating-sources.tar.gz.asc

KEYS file is available at:
https://www.apache.org/dist/incubator/openwhisk/KEYS
This key has been validated here: http://pgp.mit.edu/pks/lookup?search=houshengbo&op=index

This is the first time that Apache OpenWhisk: Catalog and Apigateway request for a release, so there is no file of CHANGELOG.

The documentation on how to verify the artifacts can be found at:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OPENWHISK/How+to+verify+the+release+checklist+and+vote+on+OpenWhisk+modules+under+Apache

We are currently using the tool called openwhisk-release(https://github.com/apache/incubator-openwhisk-release) to release all the modules of OpenWhisk. The instruction for release managers can be found at: https://github.com/apache/incubator-openwhisk-release/blob/master/docs/release_instructions.md. This tool
supports  both manual and automated modes to package the source code, sign the artifacts and upload the artifacts into Apache SVN repositories.

The vote will be open for at least 72 hours or until necessary number of votes are reached.

Please vote accordingly:
[ ] +1 approve
[ ] +0 no opinion
[ ] -1 disapprove with the reason

Best wishes.
Vincent Hou (侯胜博)

Advisory Software Engineer, OpenWhisk Contributor, Open Technology, IBM Cloud

Notes ID: Vincent S Hou/Raleigh/IBM, E-mail: shou@us.ibm.com,
Phone: +1(919)254-7182
Address: 4205 S Miami Blvd (Cornwallis Drive), Durham, NC 27703, United States

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache OpenWhisk (Incubating): OpenWhisk catalog and apigateway 0.9.0 [RC1]

Posted by Vincent S Hou <sh...@us.ibm.com>.
Hi everyone,

Thank you for your votes. This mail thread is closed now, since it has been open for over 72 hours.
I will consolidate the votes and send off the result.
Thanks.

Posted by Jim Jagielski <ji...@jaguNET.com>.
+1 (binding)

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

+1 (binding)

I checked:
- incubating in name
- signatures sand hashed correct
- DISCLAIMER exists
- LICENSE and NOTICE correct
- No unexpected binary files
- all source file have ASF header, but I noticed a number of .js files don’t have the full header. Any reason for this?
- could compile but it doesn’t do much (but I assume that is expected)

Thanks,
Justin

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache OpenWhisk (Incubating): OpenWhisk catalog and apigateway 0.9.0 [RC1]

Posted by Sergio Fernández <wi...@apache.org>.
+1 (binding)

So far I've checked:

- incubating suffix and disclaimer
- signatures and checksums
- LICENSE&NOTICE files
- Apache License headers
- No binaries distributed
- No unexpected binary files

As well as Justin, I have one minor comment that doesn't block the release:
some JavaScript files do use an incorrect (shorter) version of the Apache
License header. I know the JS build stack may not support that. But if
there is no automatic add/check in the build, the project has to audit
those manually on regular basis.

I'm very happy to see this podling I used to mentor moving forward :-)