Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by opicina <op...@gmail.com> on 2020/05/25 14:41:50 UTC

problem with the parameter keep-alive timeout of an apache server between a client cxf 2.7.10 and a soap service developed with cxf 3.3.4

We have a problem with the parameter keep-alive timeout of an apache server
between a client cxf 2.7.10 and a soap service developed with cxf 3.3.4

Problem:
We have a SOAP service (server side) developed with cxf ver. 3.3.4
We have a Client Application using a cxf client ver. 2.7.10

Between the client application and the SOAP Service we have an Apache with
the parameter keep-alive timout setting of 5 seconds

Very often the client receives this error:
javax.xml.ws.WebServiceException: Could not send Message.
               at
org.apache.cxf.jaxws.JaxWsClientProxy.invoke(JaxWsClientProxy.java:146)
~[cxf-rt-frontend-jaxws-2.7.10.jar:2.7.10]
               at com.sun.proxy.$Proxy132.getStruttura(Unknown Source)
~[na:na]
Caused by: java.net.SocketException: SocketException invoking
http://<apache_url>/service/myservice:
Unexpected end of file from server

If we try with a client cxf 3.3.4  we don't have errors.

With a Junit test case we have noted that if we make (for example) 20
request to the server with a sleep minor of 5 seconds (for example 4650
milliseconds) we recive the same error.

There seems to be a problem between cxf 2.7.10 and cxf 3.3.4 when there is
a keep-alive timeout settings

have you any suggestion to solve the probelm?

we can not upgrade the client to a newer version of cxf
thx