Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Larry Quantz <qu...@idiom.com> on 2006/04/08 15:37:21 UTC

text-base file missing?

Hi again,

    This question's on behalf of a friend who's having occasional trouble updating this files.  I'll let him tell it in his own words:

/*************************************/

upon doing a "svn update repo", I'm getting the following.

svn: Can't open file 'repo/.svn/text-base/basicio.c.svn-base': No such file or directory

I've tried the following tactics:
- "svn revert"
- deleting the local file then followed by a "svn update"
...but both of these result in the same message. Been searching the net for info on this but haven't found anything yet.

Also, in order clear up locks and "conflict files", I tried
- "svn cleanup"
- "svn resolved"
...but neither help.

Btw, if I do a "svn status -u", it shows "M" for basicio.c

/************************************/

Does anyone know what else he might try, or what's possibly going on?  Thanks!

Re: text-base file missing?

Posted by John Allen <jo...@dublinux.net>.
On Mon 10 Apr 2006 23:06, Garrett Rooney wrote:
> On 4/8/06, Larry Quantz <qu...@idiom.com> wrote:
> > Hi again,
> >
> >     This question's on behalf of a friend who's having occasional trouble
> > updating this files.  I'll let him tell it in his own words:
> >

> > /*************************************/
> >
> > upon doing a "svn update repo", I'm getting the following.
> >
> > svn: Can't open file
> > 'repo/.svn/text-base/basicio.c.svn-base': No such file or
> > directory
> >
> > I've tried the following tactics:
> > - "svn revert"
> > - deleting the local file then followed by a "svn update"
> > ...but both of these result in the same message. Been searching the net
> > for info on this but haven't found anything yet.
> >

> > Also, in order clear up locks and "conflict files", I tried
> > - "svn cleanup"
> > - "svn resolved"
> > ...but neither help.
> >
> > Btw, if I do a "svn status -u", it shows "M" for basicio.c
> >

> > /************************************/
> >
> > Does anyone know what else he might try, or what's possibly going on?
>
> Something is deleting parts of his administrative directories.  I'd

possible a "make clean", or "ant clean"

> suggest that he figure out what is doing it and make it stop.  When
> you go in and delete random stuff from the .svn directories it's quite
> likely that things will stop working in strange and not easy to repair
> ways, so don't do it!
>
> -garrett

John Allen                           mailto:john.allen@moyville.net
Mandriva Club Member(Silver)         http://www.moyville.net

Mandriva Linux release 2006.0 (Official) for i586, kernel 2.6.12-15mdk
 15:39:27 up 4 days, 23:38,  3 users,  load average: 0.22, 0.24, 0.18

Re: text-base file missing?

Posted by Garrett Rooney <ro...@electricjellyfish.net>.