Posted to dev@synapse.apache.org by Ruwan Linton <ru...@gmail.com> on 2010/12/02 05:10:30 UTC

Custom build of Sandesha2 for the Synapse 2.0

We were initially thinking of dropping the Sandesha2 support for the
Synapse-2.0, but I have been keeping the Sandesha2 SNAPSHOT dependency till
now, and I tried the RM samples with the SNAPSHOT build of Sandesha2 and
seems to be working just fine. This is not the case with the latests release
available from Sandesha2 (1.3) where non of the samples are working.

So I suggest to do a custom build of the Sandesha2 trunk under synapse and
ship it with Synapse and add it as a known issue to the site explaining the
issues that it could lead to as we are shipping a SNAPSHOT of the Sandesha2.
This will help us keep the samples working yet ask the production users to
wait for a stable compatible Sandesha2 release.

WDYT?

Appreciate your quick feedback as I am planning to do a RC ASAP of
Synapse-2.0

Ruwan

--
Ruwan Linton
Software Architect & Product Manager, WSO2 ESB; http://wso2.org/esb

Lean . Enterprise . Middleware

phone: +1 408 754 7388 ext 51789
email: ruwan@wso2.com; cell: +94 77 341 3097
blog: http://blog.ruwan.org
linkedin: http://www.linkedin.com/in/ruwanlinton
google: http://www.google.com/profiles/ruwan.linton
tweet: http://twitter.com/ruwanlinton

Re: Custom build of Sandesha2 for the Synapse 2.0

Posted by Ruwan Linton <ru...@gmail.com>.
Will be posting the RC soon.

Thanks,
Ruwan

Posted by Hiranya Jayathilaka <hi...@gmail.com>.
Hi Ruwan,

Posted by Ruwan Linton <ru...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Andreas Veithen <an...@gmail.com>.
Ruwan,

Posted by Ruwan Linton <ru...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Andreas Veithen <an...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ruwan Linton <ru...@gmail.com>.
I've uploaded a build to the WSO2 m2 repo and build seems to work with that.
I will go ahead with the synapse build with this sandesha2 build.

Ruwan