Posted to user@thrift.apache.org by buddhika chamith <ch...@gmail.com> on 2011/09/14 20:28:26 UTC

Remote secure service over thrift

Hi All,

I am trying to create a secure thrift login service which can be used by
remote users to login and subsequently publish data securely. After browsing
for some time I found Evernote has done some thing similar. [1] I created a
servlet extending TServlet and deployed with a https url. As mentioned in
[1] I tried using THttpClient transport at my client side. Now I can send
data with generated client stub to the server. But I am facing an issue with
data binding or rather the lack of it at the TServlet since all what I get
from it's doGet/ doPost is a HttpServletRequest/Response pair from which I
get hold of only incoming and outgoing streams. So I have couple of quesions
here.

1. Am I heading in the right direction with respect to my requirement? If
not what needs to be done?

2. What can be done so that I won't have to deserialize the data my self. In
normal case it's handled at Protocol level as I understand. How can I
integrate Protocol level deserialization to TServlet? I see a TProtocol
instance is passed at TServlet constructor. May be that can be used in some
way?

Any suggestions in this regard is highly appreciated.

Best Regards
Buddhika

[1] http://www.evernote.com/about/developer/api/evernote-api.htm Section 4 :
UserStore