Posted to users@jena.apache.org by Felix Conrads <ma...@studserv.uni-leipzig.de> on 2016/04/25 10:52:12 UTC

Permission for Publishing Benchmark results

Hey ho

not sure if this the best mailing list for the issue, but as i can't
find a better on i will ask here.

we currently evaluate a triple store benchmark building on top of our
previous efforts [1,2,3]. We would kindly like to ask you for permission
to include blazegraph in the benchmark. We try to ensure fair benchmarks
and are not affiliated with any triple store vendor.

The benchmark uses DBpedia Live [4] as well as Semantic Web Dog Food [5]
and tests both query and update performance, in particular for triples
stores under load. (There is an update thread and multiple threads are
querying the system at the same time.) We used the standard settings for
alle triple stores.

Kind regards,

Felix Conrads on behalf of the IGUANA benchmarking team

[1] http://aksw.org/Projects/DBPSB.html

[2] http://jens-lehmann.org/files/2011/dbpsb.pdf

[3] http://jens-lehmann.org/files/2012/aaai_dbpedia_benchmark.pdf
[4] http://live.dbpedia.org
[5] http://semanticweb.org

---

Re: Permission for Publishing Benchmark results

Posted by Andy Seaborne <an...@apache.org>.
(Wrong mailing list!)

One of the tenets of open source is "No Discrimination Against Fields of
Endeavor" [1].

You don't need permission for an open source system to evaluate it.

	Andy

[1] https://opensource.org/osd-annotated