Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by ohaya <oh...@yahoo.com.INVALID> on 2021/11/25 21:49:48 UTC

Is it possible to download and install XML Formatter plugin manually into Jmeter 5.2.1?

Hi,

I would like to be able to "pretty print" XML in one of my test plans, and I found that there is, or used to be, an "XML Formatter plugin" (https://jmeter-plugins.org/wiki/XMLFormatPostProcessor/).

The Jmeter I want to use doesn't have access to the outside internet, so I cannot use the plugin manager, so I was wondering if it is possible to download that plugin manually, and then "install" it into my Jmeter manually?  And, if so, how can I do that?

Thanks,
Jim

Re: Is it possible to download and install XML Formatter plugin manually into Jmeter 5.2.1?

Posted by Janesh Kodikara <ja...@pragmatictesters.com>.
Hi Jim,
You can install the plugins manually

1. Download the plugin (jar file)
2. Copy the plugin into the JMTER_HOME/lib/ext folder
3. Restart the JMeter

You should have access to the new plugin

Best Regards
*Janesh Kodikara* | Founder & CEO

M +94 71 873 2025
O+94 11 269 7158
E j <ja...@celigo.com>anesh@pragmatictesters.com
W www.pragmatictestlabs.com
Follow Us   <http://www.linkedin.com/company/pragmatic-test-labs>
<https://plus.google.com/109096652213612452912/about> [image:
https://twitter.com/PragmaticTLabs] <https://twitter.com/PragmaticTLabs>

Posted by ohaya <oh...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.
 Hi,

Dmitri,

Thanks for the information plus the additional hints! I was able to get the XML Format plugin working with your info.

Jim

     On Friday, November 26, 2021, 03:36:55 AM EST, Dmitri T <gl...@live.com> wrote:

 Yes, it is

  * Plugin .jar should go to "lib/ext" folder of your JMeter
    installation, in your case you can download the plugin from Maven
    Central:
    https://repo1.maven.org/maven2/kg/apc/jmeter-plugins-xml/0.1/jmeter-plugins-xml-0.1.jar
  * Dependencies (if any) should go to "lib" folder of your JMeter
    installation, in our case it is
    https://repo1.maven.org/maven2/kg/apc/jmeter-plugins-cmn-jmeter/0.3/jmeter-plugins-cmn-jmeter-0.3.jar
  * JMeter restart is required to pick up the changes

See JMeter's Classpath
<https://jmeter.apache.org/usermanual/get-started.html#classpath> user
manual chapter for more details.

A couple more hints:

 1. According to JMeter Best Practices you should always use the latest
    version of JMeter
    <https://jmeter.apache.org/usermanual/best-practices.html#use_latest_version>,
    current stable version is JMeter 5.4.1 so it makes sense considering
    upgrading
 2. If all you need to do is to "pretty print" the XML you don't need
    any plugins at all, it can be done using JSR223 PostProcessor
    <https://jmeter.apache.org/usermanual/component_reference.html#JSR223_PostProcessor>
    and the following line of Groovy
    <https://www.blazemeter.com/blog/groovy-new-black/>code:

*prev.setResponseData(groovy.xml.XmlUtil.serialize(prev.getResponseDataAsString()),
'UTF-8')*

Posted by Dmitri T <gl...@live.com>.
Yes, it is