Posted to dev@cassandra.apache.org by Jonathan Ellis <jb...@gmail.com> on 2009/05/05 16:57:31 UTC

last api change for 0.3

I committed the patch for CASSANDRA-131 which (a) enables exception
throwing on the insert methods (so you don't have to explicitly check
return value to see if something worked), and (b) moves the _blocking
method as a flag into the nonblocking ones.  so instead of
insert_blocking use insert with block=True.  The block flags default
to false so your nonblocking calls will work as before.  (Assuming you
are using a thrift binding that actually generates default values
correctly.  I haven't seen one yet but I assume they're out there. :)

-Jonathan