Posted to dev@flink.apache.org by Prasanna kumar <pr...@gmail.com> on 2020/07/17 19:55:05 UTC

Flink Sinks

Hi ,

I did not find out of box flink sink connector for http and SQS mechanism.

Has anyone implemented it?
Wanted to know if we are writing a custom sink function  , whether  it
would affect semantic exactly one guarantees ?

Thanks ,
Prasanna

Re: Flink Sinks

Posted by David Anderson <da...@alpinegizmo.com>.
Prasanna,

The Flink project does not have an SQS connector, and a quick google search
hasn't found one. Nor does Flink have an HTTP sink, but with a bit of
googling you can find that various folks have implemented this themselves.

As for implementing SQS as a custom sink, if you need exactly once
guarantees I believe you will need to limit yourself to using SQS FIFO
queues, and you'll need to attach a MessageDeduplicationId to each record.
SQS offers to do deduplication for you, but only supports deduplication
within a 5 minute window -- which I would find too short to rely on during
recovery or redeployment.

See https://stackoverflow.com/a/28111986/2000823 for more on exactly once
with SQS.

Regards,