Posted to users@archiva.apache.org by Ian Dees <ia...@ge.com> on 2009/12/16 23:14:20 UTC

Strange Proxy Behavior

The corporate overlords here recently started blocking the official
Maven repo, so Archiva was getting 403 Forbidden when it tried to hit
the repo. I changed the proxy to one that works now, but Archiva refuses
to forget that it has got a 403 last time it touched central.

How can I get it to hit the repo and realize that it is OK to use the
new proxy now?

Re: Strange Proxy Behavior

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Dec 16, 2009 at 4:32 PM, Ian Dees <ia...@ge.com> wrote:

> Following this, it appears that any subsequent calls to that resource
> immediately respond with a 404 without checking any proxy connections.

There are probably a couple of things going on here.  The first is
that by default, Maven itself will only check a repo for something
once a day, even though the build output can make it look like it is
trying to connect.

While you're debugging this, you may need to clear your local
repository (or at least the sub-tree of the offending artifact) to
make sure the Maven client does not remember anything.  You can also
try using -U on the command line to force updates.

On the Archiva side, check the configuration for the proxies.  I
believe there are settings for whether it should cache failures.

--
Wendy

Re: Strange Proxy Behavior

Posted by Ian Dees <ia...@ge.com>.
Ack, sorry to spam, but hit send too soon:

2009-12-15 17:04:33,179 [btpool0-13] ERROR org.apache.maven.archiva.webdav.ArchivaDavResourceFactory  - Failures occurred downloading from some remote repositories:
        central: Download failure on resource [http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/maven/plugins/maven-resources-plugin/2.4.1/maven-resources-plugin-2.4.1.jar]:Access denied to: http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/maven/plugins/maven-resources-plugin/2.4.1/maven-resources-plugin-2.4.1.jar
org.apache.maven.archiva.policies.ProxyDownloadException: Failures occurred downloading from some remote repositories:

Re: Strange Proxy Behavior

Posted by Ian Dees <ia...@ge.com>.

Re: Strange Proxy Behavior

Posted by Ian Dees <ia...@ge.com>.
Please disregard this post. It turns out all of our proxies are blocking
repo2.