Posted to dev@tapestry.apache.org by Apache Wiki <wi...@apache.org> on 2005/09/29 13:13:32 UTC

[Jakarta-tapestry Wiki] Trivial Update of "FrequentlyAskedQuestions/LogoutLink" by AndreasAndreou

Dear Wiki user,

You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "Jakarta-tapestry Wiki" for change notification.

The following page has been changed by AndreasAndreou:
http://wiki.apache.org/jakarta-tapestry/FrequentlyAskedQuestions/LogoutLink

  [http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.java.tapestry.user/8108]
  I have simplified it, though the functionality will be identical under 3.0.

- ''' Note: This is pretty much meaningless under HiveMind 3.1.
+ ''' Note: This is pretty much meaningless under Tapestry 4.0 - see LogoutLinkTap4.
  From what I can see, you would probably need to use Approach 1 or approach 1 and either use an interceptor on the RestartService, or extend the RestartService.  This shows why I try not to extend the "inner workings" of Tapestry or any 3rd party API - they change, sometimes inexplicably. Why AbstractEngine had the restart method is a historical question best left to those who know... ;-) '''

  = Simple Answer =
@@ -49, +49 @@

  }}}

-
  = Engine Enhancement Approach =
  If you absolutely, positively want to enhance BaseEngine, rather than to hide this code in your BasePage enhancement...