Posted to c-dev@xerces.apache.org by Dean Roddey <dr...@charmedquark.com> on 2000/06/09 07:51:08 UTC

Big 'ol XML files in the repository?

Is it really necessary to have those huge test files in the repository under
the same tree that is required to download in order to just get the source
code? I'm sitting here downloading the tree, and even with my DSL
connection, its taking a lot longer than it should need to. There seems to
be way more stuff under the /metrics/ directory than there is actual source
code. For someone on a modem or ISDN, this would probably be horrendously
slow. I know they could break out after the source code directories, but CVS
is scary enough for most people without having to play tricks. Could the
metrics stuff at least be put into its own separately downloadable module?

Dean Roddey
The CIDLib Class Libraries
Charmed Quark Software
droddey@charmedquark.com