Posted to user@flume.apache.org by Chetan Shinde <cd...@gmail.com> on 2011/11/19 08:07:42 UTC

Building a new Windows Flume (v0.9.4)

Hello All,

I wanted to use Flume 0.9.4 build to generate a NSIS Installer.
The only documentation that I could get on the net for building Flume for
Windows was the Ant based one that I after some hunting around found out
that it was for 0.9.3. The URL is
http://archive.cloudera.com/cdh/3/flume/Windows/index.html which I
concluded based as the ant tasks are from the build.xml that are in the
outermost file that is present in the 0.9.3 version of Flume, that I found
at the GITHUB site : https://github.com/cloudera/flume/blob/b0.9.3/build.xml
.

Now could someone tell me how can I build Flume for Windows for 0.9.4.

The thing is I want to run the NSIS installer in the silent mode and pass a
couple of arguments via command line like the machine name where the Flume
server is running, now the current NSIS installation does not support this,
so I could either create a CR or try doing it myself and then contribute it
to Flume, if people are fine with it!

The reason for command line running of NSIS is I want to embed Flume Node
exe as part of a Windows Installer.

If anyone has any suggestions please suggest.

Thanks in advance.
Chetan Shinde