Posted to soap-user@ws.apache.org by Brian Shields <bg...@yahoo.com> on 2003/04/14 18:55:23 UTC

EJB and org.apache.soap.rpc.Call

Hi,
I am trying to call a web service from an ejb. the bean crashes as soon as i try to access any of the methods of the org.apache.soap.rpc.Call class. It creates the object but crashes if i try to populate parameters. I have this working in an application. Am i allowed to call a web service normally from an EJB ar is there an alternative approach?

Thanks,
Brian.

Re: EJB and org.apache.soap.rpc.Call

Posted by Martin Gainty <mg...@hotmail.com>.
Brian
what happens when you surround the bean code with try{ call }
catch(EJBException e)
{e.getMessage(); } ??
and Can you ping the SOAP host from the Bean container?
finally where is the allocation for the allocation happening?
-Martin
Posted by Brian Shields <bg...@yahoo.com>.
got it working, i had to include soap.jar into a library in the bean before deploying. a silly mistake, although odd because it was not throwing an error on construction of the Class object only when methods were used!!! Thanks for the help scott!!Brian.

Scott Nichol <sn...@scottnichol.com> wrote:My experience with Java in general is that when an exception string

Posted by Scott Nichol <sn...@scottnichol.com>.

Posted by Brian Shields <bg...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by Scott Nichol <sn...@scottnichol.com>.