Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by Sharmen Graydon <sh...@maui.net> on 2013/10/14 01:20:08 UTC

can I open a powerppoint presentation on my mac

I have a powerpoint presentation prepared in Word on a zip drive that I need to open on my Mac.  How can I do that?
Thanks,
Sharmen

Re: can I open a powerppoint presentation on my mac

Posted by kalle hauser <bu...@yahoo.de>.
Always this questions like:
"can I open a powerppoint presentation on my mac"

"can i open doc-fioles with that?"

it seems, that the new users of AOO dont know about the featurs of AOO....
maybe its time to add more informations (and alos pictures of the components of AOO) to the

"I want to learn more about OpenOffice"-Page (http://www.openoffice.org/why/) !!!

it cant be, that the new users dont know about the interoperability of AOO with MS-formats (and other)....

if i wouldnt use it since StarOffic 4, i maybe would also think, i have no other application to open and edit MS-files, after reading the "I want to learn more about OpenOffice"-Page....

greetings,

Kalle Hauser

Re: can I open a powerppoint presentation on my mac

Posted by Julian Thomas <jt...@jt-mj.net>.
On 13Oct  2013, at 7:20 PM, Sharmen Graydon <sh...@maui.net> wrote:

> I have a powerpoint presentation prepared in Word on a zip drive that I need to open on my Mac.  How can I do that?

There are two issues.

One is easy:  A powerpoint prepared in Word [I think you really mean MS Office, since Word and Powerpoint are separate components of that suite] will open nicely in OO on whatever platform, including Mac.

Harder is finding a zip drive that you can attach to the mac; barring that, attach to any machine, extract the PPT file, and then transfer it to the Mac -  thumb drive, email, or via cloud storage are just some of the options.

Tell us more - good luck.

jt