Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by mayur malpani <ma...@gmail.com> on 2010/04/06 16:49:03 UTC

[VFS} unable to FTP a file from Mainframe to unix ftp server

Hi,
     I am facing issues while FTPing a file from Mainframe server to unix
server using apache commons vfs ,but  it gives me a exception saying source
file cannot be found when i am trying to use the copyfrom ( ) function .

org.apache.commons.vfs.FileSystemException
: Could not copy ftp://host/file-name because it does not exist.
at org.apache.commons.vfs.provider.AbstractFileObject.copyFrom(
AbstractFileObject.java:858)
at Testvfs.main(
Testvfs.java:102) .
Can someone please help me out with this issue.Is their a specific way the
ftp source file object is  obtained for mainframe file.

Thanks
Mayur.

Re: [VFS} unable to FTP a file from Mainframe to unix ftp server

Posted by mayur malpani <ma...@gmail.com>.
Sure Ralph,
          Its running IBM's MVS OS.
          According to my knowledge it would be translating from EBCDIC to
ASCII not sure though..
          And I am not sure what  a dd name is so will not be able to answer
your last question.

Thanks
Mayur

Posted by Ralph Goers <ra...@dslextreme.com>.