Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Abhishake Agarwal <ab...@gmail.com> on 2010/03/26 14:48:54 UTC

Need help regarding engraving option for product

Hi,

I need to implement a engraving option in a product.

User can input any text that can be engraved in this product on product
detail screen.

But the price is dependent on number of characters user entered. If user
does not enter any character there should be no charge.

I was confuse how can I handle this in ofbiz. I thought of using product
feature but it does not take input, also product feature price is fix with
the feature.

I need the help regarding what will be the best approach to implement this.

Regards,
Abhishake

Re: Need help regarding engraving option for product

Posted by Ruth Hoffman <rh...@aesolves.com>.
Hi Abhisake:
This does not exist out-of-the-box. If I were designing something like
this I would look at the configurable products - like the Enchiladas
example - for some hints. Either way, you are going to have to make some
changes.

Regards,
Ruth
Find me on the web at http://www.myofbiz.com or Google keyword "myofbiz"