Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Skhay <kh...@gmail.com> on 2010/07/15 23:56:16 UTC

Re: Upgrade 0.20.5 to 0.95: line spacing increased?

Hi Stuart,

Even im facing the same issue as you have mentioned.

I have upgraded to FOP 0.95 and the new form generated has some of the text
moved to second page becos of bigger line space.

I noticed your resolution of setting line-height-stretch property.
So can you please let me know how you were able to set this property to the
value 1.13?

In my xsl, line-height is given in <fo:block> and when i try adding
line-height-stretch property, it errors out.

Thanks in advance,
Skhay

Posted by Stuart Turner <st...@salmon.com>.
Hi Skhay,

We use RTF2FO to generate our FO files from RTF documents, we don't use XSL.
line-height-stretch is a configuration option for RTF2FO and not an XSL-FO
property so you won't be able to use it.

My knowledgeof XSL is not great but I assume you could apply a scaling
factor yourself via your XSL, something like

<xsl:value-of select="originallineheight * 0.9"/>

maybe?

Hope you find a solution,
Stuart

Re: Upgrade 0.20.5 to 0.95: line spacing increased?

Posted by Pascal Sancho <pa...@takoma.fr>.
Hi,

line-height-stretch is not a valid XSL-FO property, but seems to be a
RTF2FO configuration property.
You should visit RTF2FO site or googlize for line-height-stretch, this
list is only for FOP usage.

Note that XSL-FO line-height defaults to 1.2, but you can change this by
specifying line-height directly on fo:root, since this property is
inherited when a numerical value is used.

Pascal