Posted to users@jackrabbit.apache.org by Chris Schmidt <cs...@prospricing.com> on 2009/05/04 18:27:18 UTC

Question on bundled persistence manager

Hello,

  We are currently using the older PersistenceManager structure for storing and retrieving information in JackRabbit.  We would like to move to the bundled persistence manager but I have a question on how best to integrate.  The old persistence manager had a hook to provide a Connection object.  We have an internally managed connection pool that we use to provide the Connection to the persistence managers.  That doesn't appear to be possible with the bundled manager.  Besides modifying the code to add a way to provide a connection, is there a recommended approach?

Thanks,

  Chris Schmidt

RE: Question on bundled persistence manager

Posted by Chris Schmidt <cs...@prospricing.com>.
  That's a solution.  I'll look into using JNDI to integrate with the new bundled persistence manager.  Thanks!

  - Chris

Usually you don't need a connection pool because Jackrabbit uses a
single connection, and keeps it open. But you could use a DataSource,
see: http://wiki.apache.org/jackrabbit/UsingJNDIDataSource

Regards,
Thomas

Posted by Thomas Müller <th...@day.com>.