Posted to dev@myfaces.apache.org by Samolisov Pavel <sa...@gmail.com> on 2015/03/06 14:03:27 UTC

A problem when build myfaces from scratch

Hello team.

I tried to build myfaces from scratch and have got a problem:
tomahawk/sandbox/examples does not compile with Java 8 because it uses the
com.sun.image.codec.jpeg package thet is deprecated.

I fixed this error by adding

                <!-- TODO: This fixed the com.sun.image.codec.jpeg
deprecation but a better solution is exclude the package from code -->
                <compilerArgument>-XDignore.symbol.file</compilerArgument>

into the maven-compiler-plugin plugin config, but it is better to exclude
using the package. I read on StackOverflow that ImageIO works slowly then
the c.s.i.codec.jpeg package, what do you think about it?

Re: A problem when build myfaces from scratch

Posted by Mike Kienenberger <mk...@gmail.com>.
Yes, please open a JIRA issue and submit a patch that replaces
com.sun.image.codec.jpeg with ImageIO