Posted to xindice-users@xml.apache.org by Yo...@devoteam.com on 2006/06/09 13:10:17 UTC

Load tests

Hello,

I think Xindice is matching what I was looking for, i.e. a way to remotely
store XML documents and easily access its content with XPath.
I have to develop a prototype of a server which will accept provisioning
of user data in an XML file and also communicates with other servers using
Diameter (AAA).
I may have to make some load tests on other servers, so I would like to
know if load tests have been performed on Xindice ?

Thanks a lot for your help,

Yohann Martineau
DEVOTEAM SRIT
3 rue Blaise Pascal
22300 LANNION
FRANCE
Phone: +33 2 96 48 71 39
Mobile: +33 6 29 37 96 40
Fax: +33 2 96 48 74 73
Email: yohann.martineau@devoteam.com

About Devoteam:

Devoteam is an IT consulting group.
Combining consulting and technology solutions offers enables
Devoteam to provide its customers with independent advice and
effective solutions to align their information system's technical
infrastructure with their operational objectives.
The group achieved a turnover of 199 million euros in 2005
an operating margin of 7% and counts 2,100 employees through
12 European countries and the Middle East.
Listed on the Euronext Paris Nouveau Marche and part of the Nexteconomy,
IT CAC, IT CAC 50, SBF 250 index of Euronext Paris.
www.devoteam.com

Re: Load tests

Posted by Todd Byrne <by...@cns.montana.edu>.
My best advice is to generate a dataset that mirrors the xml you would
use in a production environment.

Then write a driver interface and then implement a driver for each
database your going to test(Xindice included). Then you just use the
drivers in your test harness and just swap in each driver and you get a
very good idea of how each database will perform in your environment
while keeping testing controlled. Then you can just use that driver in
your production code and your off to the races.

If you need any help tunning Xindice for more speed let me know.

Todd Byrne

Re: Load tests

Posted by Mark Stang <ma...@markjstang.com>.
The thing to remember about Xindice is that it is built around many many
small xml documents.  Not a few very large documents.

hth,

Mark

Mark Stang <ma...@markjstang.com>