Posted to user@ant.apache.org by "CAMPANA,SAL (HP-Philadelphia,ex1)" <sa...@hp.com> on 2001/09/20 19:28:14 UTC

Starting Remote Ant Scripts

Is it possible to have an ANT script on one machine(a) call an ANT script on
another machine(b), and have the process run locally to the remote box(b).

I hope I explained that properly...

I basically want my Ant process on one box to invoke an ANT process to start
on another box seperately....

Thanks!!

Re: Starting Remote Ant Scripts

Posted by Nico Seessle <ni...@apache.org>.
> Is it possible to have an ANT script on one machine(a) call an ANT script
on
> another machine(b), and have the process run locally to the remote box(b).
>
> I hope I explained that properly...
>
> I basically want my Ant process on one box to invoke an ANT process to
start
> on another box seperately....

This (http://www.javaworld.com/javaworld/jw-10-2000/jw-1020-ant.html) looks
like what you want.

Nico

Re: Starting Remote Ant Scripts

Posted by Glenn McAllister <gl...@somanetworks.com>.
"CAMPANA,SAL (HP-Philadelphia,ex1)" wrote:

> I basically want my Ant process on one box to invoke an ANT process to start
> on another box seperately....

<exec executable="ssh">
  <arg value="${remote.host}" />
  <arg value="cd ${remote.build.dir} && ant ${remote.ant.options}" />
</exec>

Works best if the other machine has a public key for the id running the build;
assumes you are running in a reasonably physically secure environment.  Note
that ssh will not return untill the command is completed.  If the remote
command complete successfully, ssh returns 0.  If the remote command fails, ssh
returns 1.  I'm doing this on a linux box, haven't a clue if this is available
on windows.

Glenn McAllister