Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Jason Terando <ja...@yahoo.com> on 2001/10/18 16:49:34 UTC

Making Webapp

(sorry about the double post, I forgot to remove cert from from first one)
I've done the following in trying to get Apache + Tomcat working together:
1) Downloaded Tomcat 4.0.1 binaries
2) Downloaded Apache 1.3.22 source, compiled via following:

configure --prefix=/usr/local/apache --enabled-shared=max
make
make install

3) Downloaded webapp-module-1.0-tc40-src.tar.gz

configure --with-apxs=/usr/local/apache/bin/apxs (runs and wishes me good
luck on make)
make
Make dies when it calls apxs, which is complaining "no config variable
LDFLAGS_SHLIB"
I poked around on google and found somebody else who ran into this but
couldn't find the response. Can anybody tell me what I missed/messed up?
Thanks!

Re: Making Webapp

Posted by Pier Fumagalli <pi...@betaversion.org>.
Jason Terando at jasonterando@yahoo.com wrote:

> (sorry about the double post, I forgot to remove cert from from first one)
> I've done the following in trying to get Apache + Tomcat working together:
> 1) Downloaded Tomcat 4.0.1 binaries
> 2) Downloaded Apache 1.3.22 source, compiled via following:
>
> configure --prefix=/usr/local/apache --enabled-shared=max
> make
> make install

> 3) Downloaded webapp-module-1.0-tc40-src.tar.gz
>
> configure --with-apxs=/usr/local/apache/bin/apxs (runs and wishes me good
> luck on make)
> make
> Make dies when it calls apxs, which is complaining "no config variable
> LDFLAGS_SHLIB"
> I poked around on google and found somebody else who ran into this but
> couldn't find the response. Can anybody tell me what I missed/messed up?
> Thanks!

There's a mistake in your apache configuration options:

./configure --prefix=/usr/local/apache \
    --enable-module=so \

(If you don't enable the "so" module, you won't be able to compile other
modules as DSO)...

    Pier

RE: Making Webapp

Posted by Dan Silcox <ds...@chemconnect.com>.
I had the exact same problem using Apache 1.3.19 and it went away when I
upgraded to Apache 1.3.22.  Another user suggested that it had more to do
with the delete/re-compile than it did with the upgrade.

Delete your /usr/local/apache directory and re-make and re-install the
apache code and make sure that mod_so is compiled into the source and try it
again.