Posted to user@struts.apache.org by di...@accenture.com on 2003/05/20 13:46:53 UTC

ActionForms and request objects

I want to set a request attribute object (that is not a String) within my
jsp which can retrieved with the ActionForm class that I have created, but
I cannot find a way to do this.

I have tried using the name and type attribute of the html:form tag to use
an instance of the ActionForm class already created in request scope,
however this tag still seems to create a new instance?

In my jsp I have created a new instance of my ActionForm (SearchResultsForm
class):

      <jsp:useBean id="searchResultsBean" scope="request" class
="com.accenture.SearchResultsForm" />

and my form tag is as follows:
="searchResultsBean" type="com.accenture.SearchResultsForm">

Should this not use the ActionForm instance already created? or is a new
instance supposed to be created?

Can anyone help?

Diane.

original.  Any other use of the email by you is prohibited.