Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com> on 2014/07/07 14:03:46 UTC

Re: [2/2] git commit: [flex-utilities] [refs/heads/develop] - force GC between steps

Hi,

Do we know this does CG in newer (or future) versions of AIR? Why not System.gc() (or System.pauseForGCIfCollectionImminent())?

Justin

Re: [2/2] git commit: [flex-utilities] [refs/heads/develop] - force GC between steps

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.
Well, it seemed to make a positive difference for the person who tried it.

At one point in time, the FP engineers said that the LC hack would have to
be kept around forever because folks might be relying on it.  Of course,
that isn't a guarantee.

System.gc() is still documented as not working in non-debug players, and
System.pauseForGCIf() still feels like it may not pause.

-Alex