Posted to user@struts.apache.org by onlysameer_no1else <sa...@gmail.com> on 2010/12/21 18:19:06 UTC

web application response time is too large.

Hi All

I have developed one web application in struts 1,
database as MS SQL server and it is deployed on tomcat 6 server (Window OS).

For certain pages response time is too large.
Test case:
(content on web page is too large like text box, buttons, images.)
Total Number of records        : 284
total Columns in single table  : 168

I need your help in finding actual cause of problem.
Whether Problem is at database side Or while building a actual page (HTML Content).

How can i resolve this problem ??
is there any utility Or any software to test web application response time ?

Thanks in advance
Sameer

Re: web application response time is too large.

Posted by Kushan Jayathilake <ku...@gmail.com>.
Yep. me too.. especially the facility to inspect and debugging Javascripts
:)

--
Regards
Kushan Jayathilake

Re: web application response time is too large.

Posted by Brian Thompson <el...@gmail.com>.

Posted by onlysameer_no1else <sa...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Kushan

Posted by Kushan Jayathilake <ku...@gmail.com>.

On Wed, Dec 22, 2010 at 10:32 AM, Kushan Jayathilake <ku...@gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi,
>
> You can do something like this, take the queries that in pages takes longer
> time to load, then write a simple java programs to execute those queries,
> 1. print the time before it executes the query
> 2. print the time after it executed.
> 3. compare the values you get,
> 4. if its higher then your query is wrong. if its very low then the problem
> is at your JSP pages, it takes longer time
> to build up the pages. then you have to change the way you have constructed
> your JSP pages and should do it in efficient way.
>
> Hope this will help. :)
>
> --
> Regards
> Kushan Jayathilake
>

> On Tue, Dec 21, 2010 at 10:49 PM, onlysameer_no1else <
> sameer.parab@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi All
>>
>> I have developed one web application in struts 1,
>> database as MS SQL server and it is deployed on tomcat 6 server (Window
>> OS).
>>
>> For certain pages response time is too large.
>> Test case:
>> (content on web page is too large like text box, buttons, images.)
>> Total Number of records        : 284
>> total Columns in single table  : 168
>>
>> I need your help in finding actual cause of problem.
>> Whether Problem is at database side Or while building a actual page (HTML
>> Content).
>>
>> How can i resolve this problem ??
>> is there any utility Or any software to test web application response time
>> ?
>>
>> Thanks in advance
>> Sameer

Regards
Kushan Jayathilake

Re: web application response time is too large.

Posted by Kushan Jayathilake <ku...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Dave Newton <da...@gmail.com>.
The problem could be *anywhere*.

How are you going to start tracking it down? You must have *some* ideas of
where/how to look?

Dave

On Tue, Dec 21, 2010 at 12:19 PM, onlysameer_no1else <sameer.parab@gmail.com