Posted to p-dev@xerces.apache.org by George M Jones <gm...@mitre.org> on 2004/05/20 16:22:34 UTC

How do I convince XML::Xerces to play nice with a web proxy ?

I've been tearing my hair out trying to get XML::Xerces
to validate a file...but it's failing because I'm behind
a proxy that won't let raw port 80 requests how.

*How do I convince XML::Xerces to play nice with a web proxy ?

Thanks,
---George Jones

Re: How do I convince XML::Xerces to play nice with a web proxy ?

Posted by "Jason E. Stewart" <ja...@openinformatics.com>.
George M Jones <gm...@mitre.org> writes:

> I've been tearing my hair out trying to get XML::Xerces
> to validate a file...but it's failing because I'm behind
> a proxy that won't let raw port 80 requests how.
>
> *How do I convince XML::Xerces to play nice with a web proxy ?

Hi George,

Let me ask a dumb question first, why do you need http access? Are you
unable to download the files and process them locally?

The long answer is I've never yet tried to actually work with URL
input sources, so it's possible that there is a piece of Xerces-C
which I need to open up before it will work.

Cheers,
jas.