Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by satish <sa...@viithiisys.com> on 2018/01/16 10:15:52 UTC

Customer Refund On Approved Sale Order Item Cancelled/Edit

Hi All,
         In case of sale order which is in approved status, When an item is
cancelled or quantity is decreased so how does the refund flow work in
OFBiz.
Currently, i have just checked that there is only refund after creating a
return only when order is shipped/completed. But in my case order is not
shipped, so i think there is no need to create a return for approved sale
order.
Please help me out to make a refund to customer without creating an return
for approved order.

Thanks in advance
Satish Kumar

--
Sent from: http://ofbiz.135035.n4.nabble.com/OFBiz-User-f135036.html

Re: Customer Refund On Approved Sale Order Item Cancelled/Edit

Posted by Rishi Solanki <ri...@gmail.com>.
Satish Saini,

Your understanding is correct that until you shipped an item in real
business scenario you won't be able to create refund for that order. You
simply needs to cancel that order. If you check cancel order flow you will
get all the cross entires against it and void transaction as suggested by
Tarun.

But if your case is for an approve order you have explicitly capture the
payment from accounting screen then you can go for refund. Please take a
look at accounting screen AR and AP for more details.

HTH!

Rishi Solanki
HotWax Systems Pvt. Ltd.
Direct: +91-9893287847