Posted to user@storm.apache.org by Lorenz Fischer <lo...@gmail.com> on 2014/10/24 11:22:10 UTC

Re: Storm not working in local mode

Just in case anybody else is experiencing ZK-problems in local mode, but
can't solve it by setting the preferIPv4Stack option. In my case the
problem was that the local Zookeeper instance would bind to port 2000, but
the connection attempts would be made to 2181. The solution was to
explicitly define the port for Zookeeper in the Storm config object:

stormConf.put("storm.zookeeper.port", 2000);

Setting it to 2181 did not work in my case as the Zookeeper seemed to be
picking up the port 2000 from some other configuration on my dev machine.
Look for a log line similar to

o.a.z.s.NIOServerCnxnFactory [INFO] binding to port 0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0:2000

to figure out which port ZK is binding to. I did not spend too much time
investigating, but I had Zookeeper running as a standalone service on my
machine before, so maybe it was picking up the configuration from an old
config file.

Cheers,
Lorenz