Posted to dev@tuscany.apache.org by Simon Laws <si...@googlemail.com> on 2010/08/02 16:55:41 UTC

Re: Handling resource locations with Tuscany/SCA

Coincidentally here's another one I just came across...

@WebService(name="Service1", wsdlLocation="Service1.wsdl")

Although this doesn't use SCA resolution and should use the catalog mechanism.

Two comments in line....

On Wed, Jul 28, 2010 at 9:58 PM, Raymond Feng <cy...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I ran into a few issues related to the resource locations we have in Tuscany for various implementation types, such as:
>
> <tuscany:implementation.widget location="<uri>"/>
> <implementation.spring location="<uri>"/>
> <implementation.jee archive="<uri>"/>
>
> Apparently we don't have a common resource resolver to locate the resources in a consistent manner (The SCA spec probably needs to clarify in this area). I'm in the position to define a common utility to unify the logic after we agree on how the URIs should be resolved based on the following scenario.
>
> Let's assume we have the following contributions for the given SCA domain:
>
> Contribution #1:
> uri=c1, file:/contributions/c1.jar
>
> Contribution #2:
> uri=c2, file:/contributions/c2.jar
>
> c1.jar contains:
> /d1/A.composite
> /d2/B.html
>
> c2.jar contains:
> /d3/C.composite
> /d4/D.xml
>
> Now I have the following requirements (not adding the complexity to use classpath searches) :
>
> Case 1: A.composite needs to reference B.html within contribution c1. I could try the following URIs:
>
> location="../d2/B.html" (relative to the composite file)
> location="/d2/B.html" (relative to the root of the containing contribution)
> location="http://example.com/c1/d2/B.html" (an absolute URI, take it as is)
>
> Case 2: A.composite needs to reference D.xml from contribution c2. I could try the following URIs:
>
> location="/d4/D.xml" (relative to the root of contribution c2, hoping that the resolver can go to contribution c2 following import/export)

But we only currently support namespace and java resolution via this mechanism.

> location="contribution:c1!/d4/D.xml" (inventing a new URI scheme for SCA domain/contribution/artifacts so that we can explicitly point to a given contribution by its uri)

And this would be proposed as an extension to the spec or a Tuscany
specific function?