Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by fopinaus <ho...@yahoo.co.uk> on 2009/10/28 05:16:59 UTC

XSL url path

Hi there,

Could you please tell me is it possible to use a url rather than a file for
the xslt in the command line?

eg

"C:\Program Files\fop-0.95\fop.bat" -xml "F:\test\testxml.xml" -xsl
"http://blah/testStylesheet.xsl" -pdf "F:\test\test.pdf"

If I just pass in the pass in the url as per the line above it gets prefixed
with c:\\
Error: xsl file c:\\http:\blah\testStylesheet.xsl not found.

I appreciate your help with this.

Re: XSL url path

Posted by Simon Pepping <sp...@leverkruid.eu>.
On Tue, Oct 27, 2009 at 09:16:59PM -0700, fopinaus wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> Could you please tell me is it possible to use a url rather than a file for
> the xslt in the command line?
>
> eg
>
> "C:\Program Files\fop-0.95\fop.bat" -xml "F:\test\testxml.xml" -xsl
> "http://blah/testStylesheet.xsl" -pdf "F:\test\test.pdf"
>
> If I just pass in the pass in the url as per the line above it gets prefixed
> with c:\\
> Error: xsl file c:\\http:\blah\testStylesheet.xsl not found.

Apparently it is not possible, as you yourself proved. It seems like
FOP does not expect a URI, and considers the path as a relative
path. This could definitively be improved.

Simon

--
Simon Pepping
home page: http://www.leverkruid.eu