Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by wp...@gmail.com, wp...@gmail.com on 2018/05/23 12:40:08 UTC

Re: OFBiz MRP & Manufacturing: subcontract-work

On 2018/02/15 16:38:14, Yashwant Dhakad <ya...@hotwaxsystems.com> wrote:
> Hi Giulio,
>
> You can also setup multi-level BOM for contract manufacturing product. When
> you create job and the dependent production run automatically created for
> contract manufacturing product. You can issue materials into dependent
> production run and once the dependent production run completed. New
> inventory produced from dependent production run and which would be used in
> its parent job.
>
> Thanks & Regards
> --
> Yashwant Dhakad
> HotWax Systems
> http://www.hotwaxsystems.com/
>
> On Tue, Feb 13, 2018 at 2:48 PM, Giulio Speri - MpStyle Srl <
> giulio.speri@mpstyle.it> wrote:
>
> > Hello everyone!
> >
> > I'm writing because I would need some clarifications about MRP and
> > Manufacturing, in particular with the process of subcontract-working.
> >
> > I read Sharan's book on the argument, it's really well made, but I would
> > need some extra details.
> >
> > Reading the book I understood that, in the process of manufacturing a
> > finished good (a table for example), a list of task can be set up, each
> > representing a specific step required to make the finished good.
> > Now, I am focused on that tasks that can be subcontracted to an external
> > worker.
> >
> > Using the example of building a table:
> > one of the tasks of the process, could be my company X that supplies wood
> > to an external worker Y, that cut it and give back to me the finished
> > wooden board.
> > Then my company can proceed with the other manufacturing tasks.
> > At the end, the external worker Y should bill the total cost of his working
> > process to my company X.
> >
> > Is that correct or I missed something?
> > Has anybody had to handle sub-contract work with an external supplier with
> > OFBiz in a similar scenario?
> >
> > Thanks in advance to all for help,
> >
> > Kind Regards,
> >
> > Giulio
> >
> > --
> > Giulio Speri
> >
> > *Mp Styl**e Srl*
> > via Antonio Meucci, 37
> > 41019 Limidi di Soliera (MO)
> > T 059/684916
> > M 334/3779851
> >
> > www.mpstyle.it

Following up on you discussion of sub-contracting. I am testing too.
I defined the BOM and routing task with type Subcontracting. This routing task was assigned a routing and all components that go to the subcontractor were added using 'EDIT ROUTING PRODUCT LINK'.
When releasing a work order, the system does not seem to create a PO automatically.
This PO should have the components attached and move the material from their inventory to the sub-contractor facility. By receiving the PO back, the task in work order should close too.
Am I missing something or does this functionality not exist?

How do I do a BOM / routing cost roll-up over the standard BOM/routing to set the standard cost?

Thanks, Wolfgang

Re: OFBiz MRP & Manufacturing: subcontract-work

Posted by Pierre Smits <pi...@apache.org>.
Please see inline. I trust the nuggets provided help.

Best regards,

Pierre Smits

Apache Trafodion <https://trafodion.apache.org>, Vice President
Apache Directory <https://directory.apache.org>, PMC Member
Apache OFBiz <https://ofbiz.apache.org>, contributor since 2008

On Thu, May 24, 2018 at 8:38 PM, Wolfgang Paul Rauchholz <
wp.rauchholz@gmail.com> wrote:

> I hope that works....
>
> Company needs to control WO cost and retains title of raw material
> inventory stored at Sub-Contractor

This is a contractual issue.

> Sub-Contractor only invoices labor cost (and sometimes freight in case of
> drop-ship to customer)

This is part of the contract with the sub-contractor.

> *Company* *Sub-Contractor*
> (1) Company receives SO from customer

(2) Company places purchase orders for raw mtrl to supplier
> Some raw mtrl orders are based on MRP explosion
> Some raw mtrl orders are back to back orders
> (3) Supplier drop-ships raw material to Sub-contractor

This could be regarded as a delivery to a secondary facility.

> (4) Company releases work order for FINGOOD

This could be a ProductionRun at the secondary facility

> A PO be created with the material consumed on work order and linked to WO
> routing task (can be automatic with WO release?)

PO can be associated with the WO.

> (5) Sub-contractor produces FINGOOD

Sub-contractor executes the ProductionRun at the secondary facility. And
when finished registers the inventory change at secondary facility.

> (6) Sub-contractor either
>
> drop-ships FINGOOD to customer, or

Sub-contractor acts as picker/packer and ships for the SO

> ships FINGOOD to company

This could be an internal transfer from one facility to another.

> (7) PO receipt of FINGOOD closes purchase order and correspondent task on
> work order routing (can be automatic with PO receipt?)

This could be regarded as the acceptance by primary facility warehouse
manager of the goods of the internal transfer.

> (8) Sub-contractor to issue invoice

Supplier (sub-contractor) invoice alignment with PO.

Posted by Wolfgang Paul Rauchholz <wp...@gmail.com>.
I hope that works....

--

Wolfgang Rauchholz

Re: OFBiz MRP & Manufacturing: subcontract-work

Posted by Pierre Smits <pi...@apache.org>.
Hey Wolfang,

Posted by Wolfgang Paul Rauchholz <wp...@gmail.com>.

--

Wolfgang Rauchholz

Re: OFBiz MRP & Manufacturing: subcontract-work

Posted by Pierre Smits <pi...@apache.org>.