Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by jaya_srini <jy...@Hotmail.com> on 2008/06/17 00:12:32 UTC

Async exception with no exception listener: java.io.EOFException

hi all

I saw several posts regarding the async exception (listed below) in logs
with ActiveMQ 5.0.0. We are also seeing this exception randomly in the logs,
the bad part is it breaks the connection between Broker and the client even
tho the broker is up and running and there are no network connection issues
between the broker and the client.

I got the impression from the other posts regarding this issue that this has
been fixed in 5.1 release? Can someone confirm this? This is a production
problem for us right now and would really appreciate if someone can provide
a timely response. We are setting the wireFormat.maxInactivityDuration=-1 to
in the connect url and are using durable subscribers.

*WARN  13:50:24.571,ActiveMQ Transport:
,(org.apache.activemq.ActiveMQConnection:1653)>  Async exception with no
exception listener: java.io.EOFException
java.io.EOFException
	at java.io.DataInputStream.readInt(DataInputStream.java:375)
	at
org.apache.activemq.openwire.OpenWireFormat.unmarshal(OpenWireFormat.java:268)
	at
org.apache.activemq.transport.tcp.TcpTransport.readCommand(TcpTransport.java:192)
	at
org.apache.activemq.transport.tcp.TcpTransport.doRun(TcpTransport.java:184)
	at
org.apache.activemq.transport.tcp.TcpTransport.run(TcpTransport.java:172)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)

thanks!
jaya

Re: Async exception with no exception listener: java.io.EOFException

Posted by jaya_srini <jy...@Hotmail.com>.
Thank You!

Is 5.1 backwards compatible with 5.0 configurattion? i.e if we get 5.1, we
shouldn't need to change any of our previous configuration we did with 5.0,
correct? (e.g. connect Url parameters, wireformat parameters etc)

Posted by jaya_srini <jy...@Hotmail.com>.
ah...figured it out. In my activemq.xml I had the property useDatabaseLock
set as "true" on the JDBCPersistenceAdapter. This was working fine with 5.0
but with 5.1 , this is causing the broker to be terminated? Is this per
design?

Setting this property to "false" fixed it but I was wondering if there were
other impacts if we set the "useDatabaseLock" to false?

thanks!
jaya

Posted by jaya_srini <jy...@Hotmail.com>.
Hi Rob