Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Benedikt Schlegel <co...@googlemail.com> on 2012/11/04 02:20:33 UTC

format value missing in ConversionException thrown by wicket-datetime's DateConverter

Hi,
I just thought how neat it'd be, if the ConversionException created and
thrown by DateConverter.convertToObject() would contain the format used for
the parse attempt..

A call on .setFormat(format) on the created ConversionException would do
the job, and one could present a more specific error message than (in my
case) "'start' is not a valid Date".

How's that?

Re: format value missing in ConversionException thrown by wicket-datetime's DateConverter

Posted by Martin Grigorov <mg...@apache.org>.
Hi,

Everything is possible.
Create a Jira, describe the problem, attach a patch and it will be applied
much sooner than Wicket 8.

Posted by Benedikt Schlegel <co...@googlemail.com>.

Posted by Jesse Long <jp...@unknown.za.net>.
Hi Benedikt,

Posted by Benedikt Schlegel <co...@googlemail.com>.
Maybe I should indeed post this on the developers forum? Or open a JIRA?

Greets

Posted by Benedikt Schlegel <co...@googlemail.com>.

Posted by Martin Grigorov <mg...@apache.org>.

Posted by Simon B <si...@gmail.com>.