Posted to user@flink.apache.org by SmileSmile <a5...@163.com> on 2020/07/03 06:30:36 UTC

Re: Checkpoint is disable, will history data in rocksdb be leak when job restart?

Hi,yun tang

I dont open checkpoint,so when  my job restart,flink how to clean history state?

my pod be killed only  happend after the job restart again and again, in this case ,I have to rebuild the flink cluster 。

| |
a511955993

邮箱:a511955993@163.com

签名由 网易邮箱大师 定制

On 07/03/2020 14:22, Yun Tang wrote:
Hi

If your job does not need checkpoint, why you would still restore your job with checkpoints?

Actually, I did not total understand what you want, are you afraid that the state restored from last checkpoint would not be cleared? Since the event timer is also stored in checkpoint, after you restore from checkpoint, the event time window would also be triggered to clean history state.

In the end, I think you just want to know why the pod is killed after some time? Please consider to increase the process memory to increase the overhead of JVM to provide some more buffer space for native memory usage [1]. After Flink-1.10, RocksDB will use 100% managed memory stablely and once you have some extra memory, the pod might be treated as OOM to be killed.

[1] https://ci.apache.org/projects/flink/flink-docs-release-1.10/ops/memory/mem_detail.html#overview

Best
Yun Tang

Posted by Congxian Qiu <qc...@gmail.com>.
Hi SmileSmile

As the OOM problem, maybe you can try to get a memory dump before OOM,
after you get the memory dump, you can know who consumes more memory as
expected.

Best,
Congxian

Yun Tang <my...@live.com> 于2020年7月3日周五 下午3:04写道:

Posted by Yun Tang <my...@live.com>.
Hi

I dont open checkpoint,so when  my job restart,flink how to clean history state?

my pod be killed only  happend after the job restart again and again, in this case ,I have to rebuild the flink cluster 。

<https://maas.mail.163.com/dashi-web-extend/html/proSignature.html?ftlId=1&name=a511955993&uid=a511955993%40163.com&iconUrl=https%3A%2F%2Fmail-online.nosdn.127.net%2Fqiyelogo%2FdefaultAvatar.png&items=%5B%22%E9%82%AE%E7%AE%B1%EF%BC%9Aa511955993%40163.com%22%5D>
[https://mail-online.nosdn.127.net/qiyelogo/defaultAvatar.png]
a511955993
邮箱:a511955993@163.com