Posted to user@geronimo.apache.org by falom <fa...@yahoo.com.cn> on 2007/01/17 04:38:28 UTC

回复: Geronimo Board Report for January 2007

Hi Matt,

  Is there any estimate when the first axis2 enabled geronimo relese will come. Particularly i'm interested at using the axis2 jms listener with geronimo activemq broker. Thanks!

  falom

Matt Hogstrom <ma...@hogstrom.org> wrote:
  Geronimo Project - Board Report

Summary -
All in all it was fairly quiet at the end of the year. The project
team has been focusing on two releases. 1.2-beta was released that
includes integration of three projects from the incubator (OpenEJB,
Yoko and OpenJPA). 2.0-M1 was released that includes many of the new
Java EE 5.0 technologies. The project is working towards a goal of
completing a certified server in time for Java One. 2.0-M1 also
pulled in CXF from the Incubator.

Collaboration with several other projects in Apache is going on which
includes Axis 2, OpenJPA, OpenEJB, CXF and Yoko. There has been some
mention about OSGi which would include Felix but that work hasn't
really taken off yet.

Here are the details.

- Releases
1.2-beta was released in December
2.0-M1 was released in December
2.0-M2 is targetted for release at the end of January of this year

- JUGs and Conferences
JUGs Los Angeles, Las Vegas and Boulder and Dallas in November
Javapolis in December
Open Source Conference in Tokyo in December

- Certifications
None at this time

- Subprojects

* DayTrader
Released a performance report on Geronimo in October. DayTrader was
the benchmark sample used for comparisons. The report can be found
at http://people.apache.org/~hogstrom/Geronimo-1.1.1-
PerformanceReport.pdf

* DevTools
1.2.0 was released in November. This included the ability to fully
edit Geronimo.xml plans.

* XBean
Version 2.8 was released in early January

* Specifications
Specifications were reorganized after several months of debate.
Rather than having a single version for the specifications each one
is packaged separately. Dain Sundstrom volunteered to help keep the
releases and organization going.

* Other Work
WADI clustering has been moving forward
GCache has continued development but there has not been a lot of
activity on the list.
New JMX console was added to Geronimo 1.2
JNDI / Classloader viewer was added by a new community member.
Really neat stuff.

- Community
* New committers
None

* PMC additions
Anita Kulshreshtha
Vamsavardhana Reddy

Matt Hogstrom
matt@hogstrom.org

 雅虎免费邮箱-3.5G容量,20M附件

Re: 回复: Geronimo Board Report for January 2007

Posted by Matt Hogstrom <ma...@hogstrom.org>.
I think Dims would be able to provide a more accurate estimate.

Matt Hogstrom
matt@hogstrom.org