Posted to dev@dubbo.apache.org by Huxing Zhang <hu...@apache.org> on 2018/06/14 15:45:55 UTC

[Proposal] Dubbo Shanghai Meetup

Hi Dubbo PMC,

I am requesting the PMC for the approval of holding a half-day meetup
in Shanghai to build the community and provide a way to listen to end
users in order to make Dubbo better.

* What is the topic focus of the event?
Topics including status of Dubbo, Dubbo with cloud native, Dubbo
eco-system, and user practices for using Dubbo. Details are listed
below.

* Who is organising the event
PMCs of Apache Dubbo (incubating)

* When is the event
2018.6.23 13:00-17:15

* How many attendees are expected
200~400

* How much PMC involvement is there already
PMC are responsible to decide the topics.

* Which marks are requested
Name of "Apache Dubbo (Incubating)"

* How will the event selection work?
Topics will be selected by the Dubbo PMC

* Is this for profit or non-profit?
Non-profit

I am following [1] for the procedure.

[1] http://community.apache.org/events/small-events.html

Below is a detailed agenda for the meetup.

## Date

2018.6.23 13:00-17:15

## Venue

International Roadshow Hall, 1st floor, No. 800 Naxian Road
Zhangjiang International Innovation Harbor, Pudong Xinqu District, Shanghai
浦东新区纳贤路800号张江国际创新港 一楼(国际路演厅)

## Schedule

13:00-14:00 Check-in
14:00-14:45 Apache Dubbo(incubating) Open Source Status and Roadmap(Yong Zhu)
14:45-15:30 Thoughts of Dubbo Cloud Native (Mercy Ma)
15:30-15:45 Tea break
15:45-16:30 Nacos - Contribute to Dubbo Ecology, Alibaba Service Registry and
Configuration Center Open Source Initiative (Guo Ping)
16:30-17:15 Internet financial with dubbo (Zhiwei Pan)

## Detailed Description

Topic:
Apache Dubbo(incubating) Open Source Status and Roadmap

Abstract:
Dubbo is a distributed RPC framework developed by Alibaba, which
has been favored by developers since it was opened in 2012 and has been
widely used in service solutions. Now there has nearly 20,000 stars on
github after remaintenance, with a huge response in the community. This
topic brings you the recent works as well as some thoughts with the roadmap.

Speaker Bio:
Yong Zhu(Jerrick), senior technical expert of Alibaba, developer
of Dubbo, MicroServices framework.

---------------------------------
Topic:
Thoughts of Dubbo Cloud Native

Abstract:
Discuss about Dubbo Cloud Native that includes introduction to Dubbo
Spring Boot Project, integration with Spring Cloud, and some thoughts
of supporting popular CNCF projects.

Speaker Bio:
Mercy Ma (mercyblitz), Technical expert of Alibaba, developer of
Apache Dubbo, work at Micro-Services Architecture involving
infrastructure build and technical integration.

---------------------------------
Topic:
Nacos - Contribute to Dubbo Ecology, Alibaba Service Registry and
Configuration Center Open Source Initiative

Abstract:
Shares the new challenges faced by the service registration center and
service configuration management in the modern application service-centric
architecture in the cloud era, and the latest open source project Nacos.

Speaker Bio:
Guo Ping (Penn), senior technical expert of Alibaba, head of the product
line of soft load and configuration center, led the team to build Alibaba's
soft load balancing system and operates the world's largest production
configuration center system. Currently, he is also responsible for the ACM
cloud application configuration management products ACM and ANS (EDAS
component market).

---------------------------------
Topic:
Internet financial with dubbo

Abstract:
How to use Dubbo to split and manage services during the rapid
development of Internet Finance

Speaker Bio:
Zhiwei Pan, 上海融之家金融信息服务有限公司

Thank Alibaba for sponsoring this event.

--
Best Regards!
Huxing

Re: [Proposal] Dubbo Shanghai Meetup

Posted by Ian Luo <ia...@gmail.com>.
+1, it's good for building up developer relationship and strong community,
let's do it.

Posted by Huxing Zhang <hu...@apache.org>.
My +1 vote.

Posted by Xin Wang <xi...@gmail.com>.