Posted to dev@santuario.apache.org by Hess Yvan <Yv...@imtf.ch> on 2006/04/04 11:38:38 UTC

Bug into XMLCiper.loadEncryptedKey() method

I loaded an EncryptedKey element using the method:  EncryptedKey
encryptedKey = XMLCipher.getInstance().loadEncryptedKey(encryptedKeyElt)

When I ask for the CarriedKeyName using encryptedKey.getCarriedName()
method,  I got a null value that is wrong because my <xenc:EncryptedKey>
element contains a <xenc:CarriedKeyName> element.

Doing some investigation into the Apache XML Security XMLCipher code, I
found that into the newEncryptedKey the CarriedKeyName is not retrieved
correctly from the XML element. It uses
result.setCarriedName(carriedNameElement.getNodeValue()) instead of
result.setCarriedName(carriedNameElement.getFirstChild().getNodeValue())
.

Please can you confirm the bug

Thanks. Yvan Hess

PS: I didn't investigate the retrieving of the others elements!

Yvan Hess

Chief Software Architect

e-mail: yvan.hess@imtf.ch
phone : +41 (0)26 460 66 66
fax   : +41 (0)26 460 66 60

Informatique-MTF SA
Route du Bleuet 1
CH-1762 Givisiez

Excellence in Compliance and Document Management

http://www.imtf.com <http://www.imtf.com/>

DISCLAIMER
This message is intended only for use by the person to whom it is
addressed. It may contain information that is privileged and
confidential. Its content does not constitute a formal commitment by
IMTF. If you are not the intended recipient of this message, kindly
notify the sender immediately and destroy this message. Thank You.

Re: Bug into XMLCiper.loadEncryptedKey() method

Posted by Sean Mullan <Se...@sun.com>.
Hess Yvan wrote:
> I loaded an EncryptedKey element using the method:  EncryptedKey
> encryptedKey = XMLCipher.getInstance().loadEncryptedKey(encryptedKeyElt)
>
> When I ask for the CarriedKeyName using encryptedKey.getCarriedName()
> method,  I got a null value that is wrong because my <xenc:EncryptedKey>
> element contains a <xenc:CarriedKeyName> element.
>
> Doing some investigation into the Apache XML Security XMLCipher code, I
> found that into the newEncryptedKey the CarriedKeyName is not retrieved
> correctly from the XML element. It uses
> result.setCarriedName(carriedNameElement.getNodeValue()) instead of
> result.setCarriedName(carriedNameElement.getFirstChild().getNodeValue()).
>
> Please can you confirm the bug

It sure looks like a bug to me. Can you please file a bug at
http://issues.apache.org/bugzilla/enter_bug.cgi, preferably with a test
case.

Thanks,
Sean