Posted to dev@struts.apache.org by Musachy Barroso <mu...@gmail.com> on 2008/12/10 15:44:43 UTC

xwork ConfigurationProvider

Is there anyway to register a new ConfigurationProvider? I thought
that just defining a bean with that type, it would get picked by the
framework and registered. It seems like ConfigurationProviders get
added to the ConfigurationManager "by hand" by Dispatcher. I want to
watch class files from the convention plugin, and reload the
configuration automatically when they change, but I can't do this,
without registering a ConfigurationProvider.

regards
musachy

Re: xwork ConfigurationProvider

Posted by Blake Byrnes <bl...@gmail.com>.
sorry, meant "the configuration kept by the configuration manager"

Posted by Musachy Barroso <mu...@gmail.com>.
if you are trying to reload just the specific configuration that
changed, that 's a real challenge. The changes to reload just a
specific PackageProvider would go in DefaultConfiguration. Instead of
clearing the whole packageContexts map, we would need to just remove
the one that needs reloading, and ask the package provider to reload.
Either way, reloading the whole config is so fast that I am not
terrible motivated to do it :)

Posted by Blake Byrnes <bl...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Musachy Barroso <mu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Blake Byrnes <bl...@gmail.com>.