Posted to user@spark.apache.org by Maarten Ectors <ma...@canonical.com> on 2013/10/17 18:29:26 UTC

Spark and Juju

Hi all,

Juju <http://juju.ubuntu.com> is one of the latest Ubuntu open source
product. Juju allows anybody to instantly deploy, integrate and scale
Hadoop, HBase, Hive, Mongo, Storm, Redis, Solr, and a hundred solutions,
called Charms, more. Try it yourself on jujucharms.com. We are missing the
Amplab stack in our charm library. Mesos is non-trivial to install for
most. Hadoop isn't easy either. Juju allows a drag and drop or a one line
command deploy onto the major public clouds, private clouds or servers. We
are working on a new feature called charm bundles, hence you could
instantly deploy a blueprint solution with Spark, Shark, Mesos, and all
other charms pre-integrated and ready to go. Any volunteers to create
charms? They can be written in any language, including puppet or chef, and
it should not take more than a couple of days to get a charm. More
info here<https://juju.ubuntu.com/docs/authors-charm-writing.html>
.

thanks,
Maarten

Re: Spark and Juju

Posted by Maarten Ectors <ma...@canonical.com>.
Hi Andre,

Docker solves the packaging. Juju the orchestration and integration. Juju
and Docker are talking about integration between both projects. What Juju
can offer is an instant blue-print solution for BDAS and to scale it to
hundreds of nodes and to instantly integrate monitoring like Ganglia, etc.

regards,
Maarten

Thanks,
Maarten Ectors