Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Nome real <we...@cienciapura.com.br> on 2002/09/11 00:23:26 UTC

Tomcat + JBoss + JAAS

Hi all,

We are trying to setup a technical architecture where the WebContainer ( Catalina ) and the EJB container (
JBoss ) are separated. So far, we have been successful in setting the connection between a servlet and an EJB
from 2 different servers. Now, we want to setup a 'secure' connection, or basically define 'users/roles', so only
authenticated servlets could connect to our EJBs.

Another requirement is that we don't want to setup Principals/Roles programmatically on the servlets. So, we are
trying to use a pre-defined JAASRealm inside the Webapp context.

Is there any documentation/HOW-TO on how to do use JAASRealm ? Did anybody sucessfully connected
Tomcat+JBoss using JAAS ?

Thanks