Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Jeff Pierce <ha...@gmail.com> on 2010/07/07 18:27:01 UTC

Removing page layouts from custom portal

We have a custom portal built on Jetspeed 2.2.0.  We'd like to remove some
of the page layouts that are shipped with the default jetspeed-layouts
webapp.  I was able to remove the layouts by editing the portlet.xml file.
 However, upon the next build the layouts obviously return.

Is there a better way to handle this?  Possibly using security settings or
updating a config file? If so, how?  We'd like to be able to have this
control either in a persistant file or something we can do as part of our
build process.

Thanks so much.

Re: Removing page layouts from custom portal

Posted by David Sean Taylor <d....@onehippo.com>.
[Sorry for late response, was on vacation]

The archetype portal is just an overlay as described here:

http://portals.apache.org/jetspeed-2/buildguide/project-layout.html

I ran a test, created a test portal app using the jetspeed archetype:

mvn org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-archetype-plugin:2.0-alpha-4:generate \
    -DarchetypeGroupId=org.apache.portals.jetspeed-2 \
    -DarchetypeArtifactId=jetspeed-archetype \
    -DarchetypeVersion=2.2.1 \
    -DartifactId=hello \
    -Dpackage=org.example \
    -DgroupId=org.example -Dversion=1.0.0

then

cd hello
cd hello-portal/src/main/webapp/WEB-INF/deploy/local
cp /somewhere/jetspeed-layouts.war .
(expand the war file, make some changes to it, compress it, delete the
artifacts), leaving:

pwd
/Users/dtaylor/Jetspeed-2.2.2-SNAPSHOT/hello/hello-portal/src/main/webapp/WEB-INF/deploy/local
ls
jetspeed-layouts.war

now run the build from the hello project root:

1. edit properties to point to database, tomcat
2. build it

mvn jetspeed:mvn -Dtarget=all

3. test it, your newly modified jetspeed-layouts should be a part of
the deployment now

--
David S Taylor
VP Professional Services, Hippo USA