Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Abid Hussain <hu...@gmx.de> on 2011/11/10 10:22:55 UTC

Usage of Enforcer Plugin 1.1-SNAPSHOT

Hi,

we have problems with maven using a "wrong" version of enforcer plugin.

In the project's pom the enforcer plugin is specified like this:
<plugins>
  <plugin>
    <artifactId>maven-enforcer-plugin</artifactId>
    <executions>
      <execution>
        <id>enforce-versions</id>
        <goals>
          <goal>enforce</goal>
        </goals>
        <configuration>
          <!-- ... -->
        </configuration>
      </execution>
    </executions>
  </plugin>
</plugins>

As you can see, no version number of the plugin is declared nor is it in any parent pom of this project.

Building the project fails as maven tries to use the 1.1-SNAPSHOT version of enforcer plugin which doesn't exisit in our repository. Most recent version in maven central is currently 1.0.1.

I wonder why maven uses a SNAPSHOT version of the plugin?

And furthermore, how does maven determine the version number of a plugin/dependency when no version number is specified?

Regards,

Abid

Re: Usage of Enforcer Plugin 1.1-SNAPSHOT

Posted by Abid Hussain <hu...@gmx.de>.
Thanks. We fixed the problem by locking down the version number of enforcer plugin. We're using maven 2.2.1.

But still I wonder about the behaviour when no version number has been specified...
How are the version numbers determined by maven?

How can it happen that maven uses a snapshot version as it is a maven convention that snapshot projects are at a development stage?

Regards,

Abid

Posted by Barrie Treloar <ba...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Guo Du <mr...@duguo.org>.
> I wonder why maven uses a SNAPSHOT version of the plugin?
Which maven version you use?

A build log will helps to understand your problem.

-Guo